Rotule Inc, whose head office is located at 95 104th Street, Quebec City, Quebec G1C 2Z5, Canada, is the controller of your data.
Personal information we collect
Device Information: When you visit the Site, we receive and store data that is generated during your use of our services. This includes:
- IP (Internet Protocol) addresses used to connect your computer to the Internet; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, time zone setting, browser types and versions, operating system and platform;
- browsing session data, including search terms that referred you to the site, page response times, download errors, length of visits to particular pages, page interaction data, and methods used to leave the page
- the navigation path of URLs between our website and others, including date and time.
We collect this information using the following technologies:
- "cookies" are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org;
- "log files" track actions on the Site and collect data, including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and timestamps;
- web beacons", "tags" and "pixels" are electronic files used to record information about how you navigate the Site.
Order Information: When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information about you, including:
- your name, billing and shipping addresses;
- your email address and telephone number;
- your credit card or other payment information
- the content of notices and e-mails you have sent to us.
How and why do we use your personal information?
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- communicate with you;
- screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
- provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services (when in line with the preferences you have shared with us).
Sharing your personal information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page here.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Microsoft Advertising : https://about.ads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
We implement technical and organizational measures to protect your information. For example, we work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you enter. We also ensure that only authorized personnel have access to the information we collect about you.
It’s important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and your computer. Be sure to sign off when you’ve finished using a shared computer. Click here for more information on how to sign off.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also invite you to read our Terms & Conditions to understand our practices.